CDS Tractor Trailer Training > Trucking News > 4 Ways to Pay for CDL Training

4 Ways to Pay for CDL Training

Paying for CDL Training without Breaking the Bank

The thought of paying for a school of any kind can be daunting, and CDL training is no exception. One of the biggest concerns potential students have at CDS is how they will be able to pay for training. While the price tag at first may seem a bit much, we want you to know you have options. Keeping reading to find out four ways you can pay for CDL training without breaking the bank.

GI Bill®

As a veteran looking to get CDL training, CDS is on the list of schools approved for Veteran Educational Benefits. You can use the GI Bill® to fund your training. We have Veteran Certifying Officials on staff to help you through our entire application process.

Fast Forward Grant Funding

This grant, formerly called the Workforce Credentials Grant Program, will pay for two-thirds of your tuition for a year of schooling for however long you have been living in Virginia. Students must be a resident for at least a year before applying. Students will not have to pay it back as long as they finish their schooling in the allotted time frame.

WorkForce Funding (WIOA)

CDS is a state-approved vendor for the Workforce Program, which offers training resources to qualified individuals. In order to be eligible to apply towards this grant, students receiving unemployment, SNAP benefits, or have recently been laid off.

Alternative Options

CDS works with banks, agencies, and other programs to help students find the funding options that best fits their current situation. This can include TAP, DARS, Vocational Rehabilitation, and other public and private resources.

If you are considering CDL training, do not let your financial situation stop you from enrolling. Contact CDS to learn about our training programs and to discuss all of your options.


GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).  More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at